Consumer Terms of Sale
1. THESE TERMS
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
2.1 Who we are. We are Bulletproof Europe Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 9600111 and our registered office is at Legalinx Ltd, 1st Floor, 14-18 City Road, Cardiff, CF24 3DL. Our registered VAT number is (VAT registration in progress).
2.2 How to contact us. You can contact our Bulletproof Customer Service Team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by email.
2.4 "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
3. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
3.1 How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
3.2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
3.3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
4. OUR PRODUCTS
4.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
4.2 Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown on images on our website.
5. YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
6. OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
6.1 Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- (a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- (b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
6.2 More significant changes to the products and these terms. If we make more significant changes to these terms or the products, we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract and receive a full refund before the changes take effect.
7. PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
7.1 Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
7.2 When we will provide the products. We will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order.
7.3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
7.4 If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
7.5 If you do not re-arrange delivery. If after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and refund the price of the product to you.
7.6 Your legal rights if we deliver late. You have legal rights if we deliver any products late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any products then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply:
- (a) we have refused to deliver the products;
- (b) delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- (c) you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
7.7 Setting a new deadline for delivery. If you do not wish to treat the contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 7.6, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
7.8 Ending the contract for late delivery. If you do choose to treat the contract as at an end for late delivery under clause 7.6 or clause 7.7, you can cancel your order for any of the products or reject products that have been delivered. If you wish, you can reject or cancel the order for some of those products (not all of them), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled products and their delivery. If the products have been delivered to you, you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection.
7.9 When you become responsible for the product. The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect it from us.
7.10 When you own goods. You own a product once we have received payment in full.
8. YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
8.1 You can end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- (a) If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 10;
- (b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
- (c) If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
8.2 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (d) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- (a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.2);
- (b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- (c) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control; or
- (d) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered late (see clause 7.6).
8.3 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
8.4 Our goodwill guarantee. Please note, these terms reflect the goodwill guarantee offered by Bulletproof Europe Limited to its UK customers, which is more generous than your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations in the ways set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights in relation to faulty or misdescribed products (see clause 10.2):
|Right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013||How our goodwill guarantee is more generous|
|14 day period to change your mind.||30 day period to change your mind.|
|Consumer to pay costs of return.||Consumer to pay costs of return.|
8.5 When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- (a) products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
- (b) sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, once these products are unsealed after you receive them; and
- (c) any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
8.6 How long do I have to change my mind? You have 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
- (a) Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
- (b) Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period. In this case you have until 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
9. HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
9.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- (a) Email. Email Customer Support: email@example.com Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- (a) Online. Complete the RMA form http://ca.bulletproof.com/rma on our website.
9.2 Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods by post back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please email Customer Support email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
9.3 When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- (a) if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- (b) if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
9.4 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
9.5 Deductions from refunds. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- (a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- (b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
9.6 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
10. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
10.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact our Customer Support Team by email: email@example.com.
10.2 Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
10.3 Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products please contact Customer Support by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection.
11. PRICE AND PAYMENT
11.1 Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 11.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
11.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
11.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
11.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with [PayPal, MasterCard, Visa & American Express]. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
11.5 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know and we will not charge you interest until we have resolved the issue.
12. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
13. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
13.1 How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- (a) to supply the products to you;
- (b) to process your payment for the products; and
- (c) if you agreed to this during the order process, to inform you about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
14. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
14.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
14.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, you may transfer our guarantee at clause 8.4 to a person who has acquired the product or, where the product is services, any item or property in respect of which we have provided the services. We may require the person to whom the guarantee is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item or property.
14.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except as explained in clause 14.2 in respect of our guarantee. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
14.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
14.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
14.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Click to download the CANCELLATION FORM